Sunday, September 5, 2010

Pride and shame (or something less dramatic)

I recently passed my one-year anniversary as a doula! To celebrate it, I finally put up a bulletin board and stuck all my pictures of babies, mamas, thank you notes, and birth announcements:

The bottom section has gifts clients have given me that I need to use. Yeah, that's $40 of BamCash and a gift certificate for a 60 minute treatment at a spa. All those hours of massaging butts really do pay off.

On an unrelated note, I woke up today to a Facebook message from a previous client:

"Hey you! My sister said she saw you on TV yesterday. Were you interviewed at Metro Minis?"

Yes, yes I was. I did not think they (WPIX Channel 11) would air it, nor did I think ANYONE would see it. I'm a little embarrassed (do I really sound like that? why did I have to wear that shirt that day? and my hair!) But, posting it here is for a good cause (go Metro Minis!) and there's other good information (about Lactation Consultants and postpartum physical therapy) so go ahead, watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment