Friday, May 6, 2011

i am not a good enough feminist

Being a feminist today is effing confusing.  I am so grateful for Gloria Steinem and Betty Freidan and all they've done for me, but I don't know if I identify with them.  Would they look down on me because I want to be a stay-at-home-mom at some point?  Do they think I am disregarding and erasing all the hard work they've done for me?  I don't.  But do they?  Do I?  How do I know if I am being a good enough feminist?

Luckily! that question and more will be explored this weekend, coming to a former Pearl Paint store near you! in the form of an art exibit! put on by some of the most confused and powerful feminists of our generation!  Come out and see some fab ladies' work.  The article I posted a little while back, in which I was interviewed, will be in the publication.

Check 'er out: i am not a good enough feminist.

1 comment: